[arch-general] Kernel modules not loaded after Linux update

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Jul 22 11:36:54 UTC 2018

Am 22.07.2018 um 13:19 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 11:40:07 +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
>> If your cache no longer has old packages, you can use the online
>> Archive.
>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrading_packages#Arch_Linux_Archive
> "Bash script for downgrading one or more packages to a version in your
> cache or the A.L.A."
>
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/downgrade/

Thank You, Ralf! Without loading any kernel modules, I didn't have
access to the internet, so the A.L.A. wouldn't have worked. But I'll
read about it, most interesting will be if I can downgrade "just the
rest" of the kernel, as 4.17.8 is not working for me.

BTW, I'm usually not working with tar.xz files and the list option
doesn't work as expected - what's the equivalent to "unzip -l" and
"unzip -c"? I'd like to look at 4.17.8's config.gz to check which
parameter is probably missing.

Kind regards
Peter