[arch-general] WIN+anything key not working at startup

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Mon Jul 23 15:02:12 UTC 2018

Hi

Every time I start my computer, plasma does not properly
detect/respond to global hotkeys, in particular, WIN+anything
combination.

After I open a terminal from inside plasma, kill the kglobalaccel5
program and launch it again, all the WIN+ hotkeys work again.

During the time that it is not working and whilst the cursor is stood
in a shell window, pressing the hotkey WIN+r generates the keypresses
sr

Has anyone seen this behaviour before and know of a durable fix short
of scripting plasma startup with a delayed kill+restart of
kglobalaccel5?

Thank you

Andy