[arch-general] ipv6 only half working

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 23 16:42:39 UTC 2018

Em julho 23, 2018 12:46 David Rosenstrauch escreveu:

> I'm really stumped as to how ipv6 could partially fail like this only on
> specific apps.  Seems like it should either completely work or
> completely fail.
>
> Anyone have any idea what might be happening here and/or how to fix?

Hi David,

If ping works, but bigger packet things don't, then you might have some PMTU
issue that is only affecting IPv6. You can confirm this with a tcpdump trace
quite easily. Look at the packet sizes. Both things you've mentioned (opening a
web page and updating antivirus) are http, and it does usually use the maximum
transmission unit.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini