[arch-general] WIN+anything key not working at startup

Andy Pieters arch-general at andypieters.me.uk
Tue Jul 24 11:48:49 UTC 2018

Thank you David

8:35AM David C. Rankin <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>
>  Before looking further into profile problems, after you kill/restart
>kglobalaccel5 and have things working, rebuild the kde system config cache
>passing the --noincremental option to force a complete rebuild, e.g.
>
>$ kbuildsycoca5 --noincremental
>
>then restart plasma and see if that resolved the issue.

It did appear to, although this was a sign out/sign in situation, not
a "real" boot.

>if not, you know you have a
>problem in your profile. Check:
>https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=150900
>https://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=144060.0
>or any of the other sites returned searching "kde5/plasma delete profile"

Deleting a profile is not something I would recommend in any
situation, nor would I do it myself. I appreciate the help but this
entails *soooooo* much work having to recreate everything from scratch

Something I haven't mentioned before is that I have autologin going at
boot up so it could be related to that.

I will do some more testing when I need to reboot again and follow up here then.

Thank you