[arch-general] aur/solr: Unknown PGP key [solved]

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Fri Jul 27 05:53:51 UTC 2018

Am 27.07.2018 um 00:04 schrieb Eli Schwartz via arch-general:
> On 07/26/2018 05:45 PM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>> Am 26.07.2018 um 23:07 schrieb Morten Linderud via arch-general:
>>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg#Signature_checking
>>>
>> Thank You Morten! But I still have problems: From the wiki I understand,
>> I should set "keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve" in ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf,
>> which is set. IIUC, this should automate the magic to fetch the PGP key.
>> But building still fails. With aura, I've the option to acceppt the
>> package anyway, but I'd prefer to know the correct way.
> If you are getting "unknown key", then you need to ask yourself *why*
> the key is unknown. Have you tried troubleshooting by downloading the
> key using gpg --recv-keys manually?
My fault. Tried the two gnupg example servers, but not the "alternative
key server" from wiki:
#keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net
#keyserver http://http-keys.gnupg.net

Should be:
keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net

Probably this should not be mentiond as "alternative" key server, but
just be recommended for building PGP-signed packages.

> I don't really see how this has anything to do with solr.
Seems it's just my first AUR package using a PGP key.
>> Was this key removed from database for any reason, or did it just
>> change? Or does the package have security issues, and I shouldn't
>> install it?
> I've literally got no clue what you're trying to imply here. Database?
> What database?

Just used as a synonym for a collection of several data records, no
matter if it's backed by some real database or just a text file, as this
doesn't really matter here.

Kind regards

Peter