[arch-general] aur/solr: Unknown PGP key

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Fri Jul 27 07:10:30 UTC 2018

Hi Ralf,

Eli wrote:
> > It's a hint that not every user likes 'auto-key-retrieve', but
> > instead only manually retrieve keys, if it makes sense to the user
> > to retrieve a key.

Thanks, I found it on topic, given Peter explicitly mentioned the
option, and very helpful.  I've added a note to the suggestion in
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#Use_a_keyserver

> > I don't see a valid reason, to e.g. retrieve the keys that belong to
> > an unknown signature of an email send via a mailing list, just to
> > get automatically keys when building something from AUR.

Me neither, but
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Package_signing doesn't
suggest `auto-key-retrieve'.

> Ah, so, as I expected, it was just a standard prototypical offtopic
> derail. Thanks for clarifying.

Am I alone in finding Eli's comments unnecessarily sarcastic and
tiresome?  I'm happy the Arch Linux community values a succinct and
frank exchange of views, but it could still be high signal without the
low-wit sarcasm by a few, and would be that bit nicer.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy