[arch-general] Arch Linux PC as a Remote Desktop Node

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 09:55:51 UTC 2018

Hi Mike,

cyelae wrote:
> I'm not sure about the auth part given my little experience with it,
> but if you're going to log into a server via RDP, can't you simply
> have your lightweight machine automatically open a default session
> [1], connect to the windows server, and authenticate users there?

That would be my suggestion.  It sounds like you don't want the local
user to be able to access anything but the remote Windows server anyway.
I realise you want to know how to fit the parts together yourself,
but it would still be worth a look at existing solutions for ideas,
e.g. should a user be able to shutdown the PC?

    https://thinstation.github.io/thinstation/
    http://porteus-kiosk.org/
    http://users.telenet.be/mydotcom/howto/linuxkiosk/rdpterm.html

--