[arch-general] Arch Linux PC as a Remote Desktop Node

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 07:32:11 UTC 2018

Hi David,

> Foxtrot Mike wrote:
> > I want to use the Arch system as a Remote Desktop node. The Arch
> > system would use a login manager (such as lightdm) to authenticate
> > users from Windows Domain. Once the user has been authenticated, the
> > system is supposed to automatically open a RDP connection (using
> > freerdp) to the Windows Server (if possible, using the credentials
> > provided to lightdm so the user doesn't have to enter his password
> > twice). As soon as the user quits the RDP session, his X-session
> > should also be closed automatically.
>
> I am totally confused as to what and why you are wanting to put your
> Arch server between the employees and the RDP session to the windows
> server?? Where is the code they produce stored? Windows? Arch Server?

Mike didn't mention an Arch server.  He has a Windows server and ten
PCs.  He wants each PC to be a dumb RDP terminal to the server.  He is
considering running `the Arch system' on each dumb PC to provide the
RDP-terminal functionality, e.g. an X server and RDP client.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy