[arch-general] systemd --user enable: Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 12:07:26 UTC 2018

Hi Bjoern,

> > I'm trying to create a systemd timer for a user to run duply daily.
> > For one user the enabled worked fine, but another one:
> >
> >     systemctl --user enable backup.timer
> >     Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory

Are you truly logged in as this second user for whom it does not work,
or just su(1)'d, etc?

My guess is there's a user.service running for the user ID where it
works, and not for the other one.  Examine the output of
«systemctl status 'user@*.service'» for dbus-daemon and differences
between the two users.

--
Cheers, Ralph.