[arch-general] Reliability test for hard drives and SSD

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:06:46 UTC 2018

Op za 3 mrt. 2018 17:30 schreef Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com>:

> Also very helpful could be https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija the
> result is useless, too, but a good step into the right direction to
> notice self-delusion.

When it comes to predicting stats; agreed.
This is the other way around; historic data on how $device *has* behaved.

Something which can help with replacing early etc. In our case: a certain
model HDD was reported with a high error rate. Sure enough, once one of
them failed, 2 others were quick to follow. Thanks to the warning from this
data, we were prepared and could simply swap the disks without any downtime.
Oh yeah, the replacements were from the same brand, just another model.
Superstition? Perhaps, but so far, so good ;).

Mvg, Guus Snijders