[arch-general] OpenRA / Mono exceptions

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 17:27:29 UTC 2018

Op za 3 mrt. 2018 18:14 schreef Doug Newgard via arch-general <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2018 17:56:52 +0100
> Alajos Odoyle <alajos.odoyle at pskx.net> wrote:
>
> > On 2018-03-02 13:07, Levente Polyak via arch-general wrote:
> > >
> > > [symlink lib version]
> >
> > It will do until the fix made it into the Arch Linux Mono package. [...]
>
> You may think it's unnecessary, but he's not wrong. Posting the info in the
> first place is the same as encouraging others to do something incredibly
> stupid, to the point where I would consider it malicious.

So, for future reference it's probably better to use LD_PRELOAD instead of
/lib (although the rest is the same).

The main potential problem here is users who may not know exactly what
they're doing and just copy/paste snippets they find online.

Mvg, Guus