[arch-general] gtk-sharp-2 conflicts with gtk#

Morgan Adamiec morganamilo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 03:31:50 UTC 2018

I was doing some packing parsing and my parser failed to parse
gtk-sharp-2 from extra. Turns out it's because gtk-sharp-2 conflicts
with gtk# and my parser refuses to parse it because of man PKGBUILD
stating:

           PKGNAME: Valid characters for members
           of this array are alphanumerics, and any of the following
characters: “@ . _ + -”. Additionally,
           names are not allowed to start with hyphens or dots.

Now that's for pgkname but I assume that would extend to conflicts and
provides or am I mistaken?

I'm guessing gtk# used to be a package before those rules were defined
and has since been removed. If that's the case I realise that the
conflict needs to be there for people who still have gtk# installed.
But then again you now have a package in your repos have break your
own standards.

I don't know if its a good idea to remove that conflict, that's up to
the devs. Would just like to know what you think before i go and patch
the parser to allow '#'.