[arch-general] Broke Arch trying to change graphics driver

Junayeed Ahnaf nirjhor at outlook.com
Fri May 4 17:33:44 UTC 2018

Hi,

So here's what happened, I was facing issue with proprietary nVidia driver (screen tearing) so I thought I want to switch to the free one, so I uninstalled nvidia with "pacman -Rs nvidia" , then I thought might as well try a different kernel and installed zen. Now when I boot into either kernel I am seeing "Starting display manager" then a black screen. I can login to tty2 , but no display comes up.

I want to switch back to free driver, with preferably zen kernel. What should I do? Thanks in advance.

Sent from Mailspring<https://link.getmailspring.com/link/1525455037.local-ac8782b6-7fb0-v1.2.1-7e7447b6@getmailspring.com/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fgetmailspring.com%2F&recipient=YXJjaC1nZW5lcmFsQGFyY2hsaW51eC5vcmc%3D>, the best free email app for work