[arch-general] latest kernel broken?

Randy DuCharme radio.ad5gb at gmail.com
Tue May 8 01:14:09 UTC 2018

I'm also at 4.16.7-1.  Grub (grub-install -v) reports version 2.02.  I
switch from the "1" parameter to "y" as Simon posted but it made no
difference.  Removing the option allows it to boot normally though.

I just installed the RAID controller a couple weeks ago - migrated away
from the md driver and since I did that blkid reports my main drive as
being /dev/sdc and not sda.  I use UUID mounting ( and grub.cfg entries )
so it wasn't an issue until the update.  Doesn't seem to matter either if I
remove the boot cmd line arg though.

I am a C/C++ developer, but not really a kernel dev and have never spent
any time understanding the low level bootstrap stuffs, but I may try to
dive into it if for nothing more than for academic purposes.  In the
interim, any other ideas are welcome.

Many thanks!

--
Randall DuCharme (Radio *AD5GB*)
Powered entirely by Open Source software.