[arch-general] KDE plasma, baloo and UI/video playback freezes

Francesco Porro frapox at gmail.com
Sun May 27 15:43:09 UTC 2018

You mailed me privately. Better replying to mailing list since this could be
useful to others &&  please do not top quote.

In data domenica 27 maggio 2018 15:27:13 CEST, hai scritto:
> Please try different i/o schedulers and maybe ck or zen kernel
> for extra BFQ. But first try deadline scheduler. And, like I
> suggested, check if there's a difference in process and i/o
> priority between Ubuntu and Arch KDE.

How can I achieve this? I never changed the default scheduler before.

I'd prefer to stay on the default kernel, because I don't have enough
knowledge (and time or will) to maintain a custom kernel.

The priority of the Baloo scheduler is the same between Debian and derivatives
and Arch, as far as I can see.

> Also, please consider filing an Arch bug with all relevant info.
> Since you tested this with the same kernel version on different
> distros, it's likely to be a configuration of the kernel and
> applications on each distro.

Sure I'll be doing that, but before I need to get more useful data to file a
bug.

--
fp