[arch-general] Distribution license of package information on the website?

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Tue May 29 17:27:56 UTC 2018

Em maio 29, 2018 8:27 Eli Schwartz via arch-general escreveu:

> I'm of the opinion that there cannot be a license requirement for reuse
> at all, since it's not original enough, and explicitly clarify this in
> https://github.com/eli-schwartz/pkgbuilds#copyright

Well, I never thought about licensing PKGBUILD's. Honestly, I don't think we need a license.
But, perhaps, considering the implications of this request, we can discuss about one. I'm not
against it, and we currently have ways for someone to do this.

Thinking from the technical standpoint, I just don't want our servers to be even more hammered
with API requests than they are, specially the AUR.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini