[arch-general] Unbound

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Nov 1 10:05:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

Ismael wrote:
> > Find changed configurations:
> >
> >   sudo find /etc -type f -regextype egrep -regex '.*(pacnew|pacsave)'
> >
> > Diff them (individually):
> >
> >   sudo vimdiff /path/to/original /path/to/original.pacnew
>
> Note that pacdiff (from pacman-contrib package) does that in a more
> "friendly" manner.

And there's lots of information about the topic on
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Pacnew_and_Pacsave for the
OP.

If editing foo.conf for the first time, I `cp -a foo.conf{,.orig}'
before editing so I still have the package's original version.  Then
I've three files to diff when foo.conf.pacnew arrives later.

    foo.conf.orig  foo.conf         My changes last time.
    foo.conf.orig  foo.conf.pacnew  What the package has changed.

This can make it easier to work out the changes required to foo.conf.
foo.conf.pacnew then becomes foo.conf.orig, ready for next time.

diff3(1) can also help.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy