[arch-general] Hardware portal

mar77i at protonmail.ch mar77i at protonmail.ch
Sat Nov 3 23:10:42 UTC 2018

Saturday, November 3, 2018 6:47 PM, Andrey Ponomarenko via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Good news for everyone interested in Linux-compatibility and reliability of hardware!
>
> The Linux-Hardware.org database has been divided into a set of databases, one per each Linux distro. You can now select your favorite distro on the front page:

Do you consider people wishing to submit reviews or collect reports from the interwob about folks not happy with a particular device? I know your fully automated approach seems like an easy kill, but really, I could upload my laptop to the database, but then it would nowhere tell that the particular laptop I'm using is known to be a piece of garbage. Wine has an approach that would allow me to make the case clear, but this may be orthogonal to the kind of thing you're doing...

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the purpose of your database: is it supposed to be the central point around which people should make decisions on what hardware they should buy or avoid?

cheers!
mar77i

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.