[arch-general] AppArmor support

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 20:26:19 UTC 2018

On 9/9/18, Gus <qty at airmail.cc> wrote:
> Linux-hardened doesn't support hibernation and i think it's overkill to
> use it on desktop.

Not arguing in anyway for or against AppArmor, just another
data point regarding linux-hardened 4.17 and 4.18:

I tried linux-hardened on two Intel machines, and it was less stable
than "linux". Some of the changes are probably invasive/destabilising,
which makes sense seeing how slowly and carefully the mitigations are
traveling via Kees Cook into Linus' tree. I didn't have stability
issues with the old linux-grsec packages, though to be fair those
were also way older major releases which may matter.