[arch-general] How to have multiple JDKs parallel?

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 09:54:42 UTC 2018

Op 15 sep. 2018 10:56 schreef "Peter Nabbefeld" <peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de>:

Hello,

up to JDK 9 I didn't have problems upgrading, but since JDK 10 it always
wants to replace JDK 9, and I guess it will become worse with JDK 11 etc.

[...] "IgnorePkg = jdk9-openjdk [...]
As a Java developer, I need to be able to have multiple JDKs for
compatibility checkings.

I honestly don't know much about java, but I guess you don't have real
dependancies on the lower versions (As in: no other packages require them)?

Then perhaps it's an option to edit the PKGBUILD of these lower versions
and modify the name. Something like jdk9-custom etc.
Then the higher versions won't conflict.

Mvg, Guus Snijders