[arch-general] How to have multiple JDKs parallel?

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:23:52 UTC 2018

On 9/17/18, Guus Snijders via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> As an alternative : you could just extract (unpack) the pkg file to a
> versioned directory in your $home and use those for testing.

Hope you don't mind me hijacking the thread to ask if you've ever
extracted an adoptopenjdk tarball and were able to use it for running
a Swing GUI. The jdk10-openjdk (not bin, didn't try aur) package in arch
works, but whatever x86_64 tarball I download from adopopenjdk won't
display Swing GUIs. It just throws exceptions about font loading.
Do you have relevant experience to share/hint?