[arch-general] Starting 9/15 new error - stat of /var/log/clamav/clamd.log failed

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Sep 21 21:48:14 UTC 2018

On 09/21/2018 02:17 AM, Andy Pieters wrote:
>>   But the file is there:
>>
>> $ l /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 clamav clamav 0 Aug 30  2015 /var/log/clamav/clamd.log
>>

> Could be a permissions issue. If a user cannot access /example/ then
> it cannot see if /example/test exists and will give a no such file or
> directory error.

Well, that what I was investigating, but the log is world readable, so that
can't be the case -- and the only permissions needed to stat a file is read
permission.

Also suspect is the log file is empty and 3 years old, so I'm not sure what is
going on with it, but I do know I never got an error about it until 9/15.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.