[arch-general] AppArmor support

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Sep 22 19:43:20 UTC 2018

On 2018-09-22 18:38:14 (+0200), Geo Kozey wrote:
> > It's almost there ;)
> >
> > '/usr/bin/subdomain_parser' under [qualifiers] is still duplicated.
Ah, the match was not good enough yet. Now it should be!

> > I'm not sure if 'apparmor_parser' and 'subdomain_parser' under [settings]
> > have to be modified. IMO they should work as symlinks too.
It's easier for replacing the sbin stuff atm.

> > BTW: users transition from AUR may be complicated as now apparmor
> > package will contain files available in apparmor-* split packages before.
> > Maybe you have to add 'replaces=' for split packages.
This is already the case.

> Also there aren't such things like:
Yeah, I figured.

> /usr/bin/subdomain_parser
This one is utterly bizarre. I have no clue where this is supposed to be
coming from, because it's not included in the sources, but mentioned in
regression and stress tests and there's a config and man page for it! oO

> /usr/bin/logprof
> /usr/bin/genprof
These seem to be around as /usr/bin/aa-{logprof,genprof} and are
installed this way as defined in source code.
Very... odd.
I'll change the configuration to reflect that for now...

> in Arch anyway so creating them isn't necessary. Perhaps if there is anything
> left to change in [qualifiers] section, it can be upstreamed as well.
Yeah, the configuration needs to be extended to also cover /usr/bin (for
our case).
I'm already compiling a list of things that need to be taken care of
upstream, to make packaging less painful.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Best,
David

--