[arch-general] PAM complains about "expired account"

Farid A 7dare at outlook.com
Fri Apr 5 11:49:00 UTC 2019

Hi,

I set up two-key authentication for SSH on my desktop through pam_oauth.so
It used to work perfectly when connecting from my laptop, until recently
it suddenly stopped.

The logs indiacte the following error:

|mars 21 14:11:22 arch sshd[26209]: error: PAM: User account has expired
for username from 192.168.0.254|

Wherearch is the hostname, and username is my username.
My account is not expired, here is the output of chage -l:

    |Last password change : mars 21, 2019 Password expires : never
    Password inactive : never Account expires : never Minimum number of
    days between password change : 0 Maximum number of days between
    password change : 99999 Number of days of warning before password
    expires : 7 |

|I have no idea what this could be, is there a PAM-internal expiration
concept?
Reddit could not offer any help...

Thanks in advance for any help!