[arch-general] aws-sdk-cpp-git: cmake issues compiling proograms for it

Jeanette C. julien at mail.upb.de
Sat Apr 13 18:39:49 UTC 2019

Hey hey,
I have already posted a comment on AUR for the package in question, and so
apparently had someone else in October of last year.

Is, by any chance, someone using this API/SDK? Is there maybe a simple
fix/workaround for the CMake issue?

The issue is that, with the simplest setup and code - CMakeLists.txt taken
from amazon's examples on GitHub, the following error is returned:
*** cmake output ***
CMake Error at /lib64/cmake/AWSSDK/AWSSDKConfig.cmake:122 (message):
AWS SDK for C++ headers found, but we were unable to locate the binaries.
Have you deleted or moved it?
Please make sure header files and binaries are located in
INSTALL_ROOT_DIR/INCLUDE_DIR/ and
INSTALL_ROOT_DIR/LIB_DIR/[PLATFORM_PREFIX]/[Debug|Config|OtherConfigs]
*** End of cmake output ***
This suggests that files are looked for in something like:
/usr/lib/x86_64/library.a
whereas files are installed as:
/usr/lib/library.a
Since this looks rather sensible annd the package has been around for a while,
I think that I might be the bug here. :) So if someone can help, I'd
appreciate it very much.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

  * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c