[arch-general] dbeaver and mariadb-jdbc: Creating the symlink.

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 09:25:06 UTC 2019

Hi Stanislav,

> DBeaver is able to download adapter on first connection creation.
> No need to symlink anything.

Yes, it's offering to do that, but wouldn't that be for me as a user?
Given the AUR exists, I'd prefer to have that installed to give the
benefit for all users, and for all programs that would use mariadb-jdbc.

DBeaver offers Database → Driver Manager → MariaDB and I can then get
Information on the existing org.mariadb.jdbc:... library, but I haven't
worked out how to Add File, or similar to have it use
/usr/share/java/mariadb-jdbc/mariadb-java-client.jar instead.
But that's a question more for the dbeaver chaps.

It's the Arch package and the AUR package that I'm trying to get to play
together, and then the wiki can be updated.

--
Cheers, Ralph.