[arch-general] Xorg Weirdness

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 09:10:30 UTC 2019

Hi Storm,

> Unfortunately, on this computer, if I have X started, whatever I type
> in my console affects the X session. So, as I type this message in the
> console using mutt, it is also appearing in a leafpad window in X.
> Also, when I press keys like alt+left arrow to go back in firefox, or
> alt+f2 which I have bound to a run dialog, it switches to the
> console. When I switch back to X, in the case of the alt+F2 shortcut,
> the run dialog is opened.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/console-setup/+bug/520546
has a lot of investigation on the issue, and tracks down several things
that have triggered it on Ubuntu, including on upgrading a particular
package due to its post-upgrade commands, and commands executed on
booting.  Could be worth a wade through for clues.

--
Cheers, Ralph.