[arch-general] Opening a document with unicode in path

John Z. johnz at pleasantnightmare.com
Fri Aug 2 16:23:16 UTC 2019

> Good jump on the research.

I try to do what I can, before asking other people to spend their time
on me :-)

> I don't have a direct answer, but check the version(s) of LibreOffice,
> Dropbox, and possibly some of the other packages you've already
> mentioed.  Perhaps your issue is something that's been fixed by a newer
> package in Ubuntu and not yet fixed in the corresponding package in Arch
> (or something that's been broken by a newer package in Arch and yet
> merged into Ubuntu).  Maybe a release note or a patch will jump out at
> you.

That is a solid idea!
I'll see if maybe I can find a version mismatch and downgrade
accordingly. I already checked Libreoffice's bugtracker for this (which
would indicate there's a patch incoming), but haven't found any entries,
so I'll file one.

Thank you.

--
"That gum you like is going to come back in style."