[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Mkinitcpio replacement with Dracut

Damjan Georgievski gdamjan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:29:46 UTC 2019

I have been looking into dracut for some time now, I copied some stuff from
> them on a few of my own
> scripts and they also have an actual test suite, that we currently can't
> use on Arch, but I plan to
> change that.

Are there any news/updates on this front?

I have dracut installed in one test VM, but I have to run it manually after
each kernel update. The wiki page [1] is still empty, so
how do I configure proper hooks to build the initramfs (and possibly also
disable the mkinitcpio ones)?

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dracut

--