[arch-general] Firefox-71.0-1 breaks WhatsApp Web

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 04:28:52 UTC 2019

After the update I can't seem to load WhatsApp Web.

If I already logged in (using the QR code) it just doesn't load and
eventually displays the 'connecting to WhatsApp' message which typically
happens when the phone is offline.

If I haven't logged in it will try to load the QR code for authentication
and wait for that forever. The console shows the following:-

Content Security Policy: Directive ‘child-src’ has been deprecated. Please
use directive ‘worker-src’ to control workers, or directive ‘frame-src’ to
control frames respectively.
Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://
web.whatsapp.com/ws. app.fff9477f997fa1246faf.js:2:783554

Chromium on the same machine has no such issues.