[arch-general] Wifi challenge with new Lenovo Yoga C740

Leo Noordhuizen leo.noordhuizen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 22:53:18 UTC 2019

Ok...

I managed to get wifi working ...

The steps I took after booting from the initial image:

# rkill unblock wlan
# copy /etc/netctl/examples/wireless-wpa /etc/netctl/mywifi
<edit /etc/netctl/mywifi and replace MyNetwork with the correct networkname
and fill in the correct WirelessKey
# cd /etc/netctl
# netctl start mywifi
# netctl enable mywifi
# ping 8.8.8.8

Now I can continue with the installation :0

Thanks all for the 'nudges' in the right direction

Leo