[arch-general] remove obsolete Xorg components ?

Lone_Wolf lonewolf at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 17 10:49:39 UTC 2019

Hi,

On xorg-devel mailing list[1] I noticed several components were
mentioned that were no longer used and checked if archlinux still
packaged them.

If desired I can create bug reports for them, but since this concerns
multiple packages I felt it was better to post here first .

List of obsolete components mentioned in [1] and whether archlinux has them

- xf86miscproto yes, in xorgproto package

- libxxf86misc yes

- libxevie nope

- xf86dgaproto yes, in xorgproto package

- libxxf86dga yes

- libxkbui yes

- libdmx

[1] mentions that it can be useful if you built xorg-server with dmx support

archlinux does that, but are there real users of DmX ?

Lone_Wolf

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/xorg-devel@lists.x.org/msg57422.html