[arch-general] TP-link tl-wn823n v2.0 wifi dongle not working

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Tue Dec 24 10:17:58 UTC 2019

Hi Tim,

> I'm trying to make tl-wn823n v2.0 work on arch linux.  I followed the
> this[1] guide.  [1]https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=218152

Have you also been following this guide in the wiki?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Network_configuration/Wireless

> I was able to install the driver:
>
>     $ lsmod | grep 8192
>     8192eu               1544192  0
>     cfg80211              851968  1 8192eu
>     vmw_vmci               81920  0

The forum thread you reference is from 2016 and says

    Something interesting, support for this device will be in the 4.9
    kernel using the rtl8xxxu driver, then you won't need any external
    drivers anymore

It's not clear what parts you have done from that thread, and whether
you'd be better off ignoring it and following the wiki.

--
Cheers, Ralph.