[arch-general] Participation of Arch in Google Summer of Code.

Aniket Pradhan aniket17133 at iiitd.ac.in
Fri Feb 1 17:21:22 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone!

I am Aniket Pradhan, a student.

Please refer to this
<https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/al0v84/participation_of_arch_linux_organization_in/>
Reddit thread I had raised earlier and was recommended to ask here.

I was wondering if the Arch organization is willing to take part in this
year's GSoC and if there are any developers who would like to participate
and mentor students through the GSoC program? As discussed by FoxBoron (in
the Reddit thread), the mentorship is not reimbursed and will be
time-consuming (a bummer).

However, we can have some really cool projects related to Arch for the
GSoC. Like something related to Pacman, or anything else related to Arch (I
don't really know where to draw the line between community-driven
tools/software and official Arch software).

The GSoC will provide exposure to the students and will also help the
organization in the final run. The students will also get to learn more
about Arch and how it works. There are other numerous benefits which I am
missing.

I am really interested in Arch, and really want to contribute to it. I am
currently maintaining a few packages on the AUR, and would like to do more.

--
Thanks

Regards
Aniket Pradhan