[arch-general] Lutris 0.5 - Namespace GnomeDesktop not available

Sefa Eyeoglu sefa6727 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 11:57:13 UTC 2019

Hello fellow Arch users,

I just updated my system and received the new Lutris update (0.5.0-1). After
running lutris from the terminal it showed the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/lutris", line 31, in <module>
   from lutris.gui.application import Application
 File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/lutris/gui/application.py", line 30, in
<module>
   gi.require_version("GnomeDesktop", "3.0")
 File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 129, in
require_version
   raise ValueError('Namespace %s not available' % namespace)
ValueError: Namespace GnomeDesktop not available

I am running KDE Plasma 5.14.90 (kde-unstable) and probably don't have some
default gnome dependency. I already tried installing the packages "gnome-
python" and "gnome-python-desktop", but there are for GNOME 2 and not for
GNOME 3.

I hope someone may be able to help.

Kind regards

--