[arch-general] xflock4 and pambase

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Feb 11 18:14:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm uncertain, if I should file a bug report or if it's up to the user.

After running xflock4 I can't unlock the screen anymore. I suspect that
this is related to the pambase update. I noticed that e.g.
cinnamon-screensaver provides a pam.d file, but the package
xfce4-session, which provides xflock4 doesn't.

$ pacman -Qo /usr/bin/xflock4
/usr/bin/xflock4 is owned by xfce4-session 4.12.1-11
$ pacman -Ql xfce4-session | grep pam.d
$ pacman -Ql cinnamon-screensaver | grep pam.d
cinnamon-screensaver /etc/pam.d/
cinnamon-screensaver /etc/pam.d/cinnamon-screensaver

Should I fix it myself or is a bug report within reason?

Regards,
Ralf