[arch-general] pambase update now requires explicit service files in /etc/pam.d/ - dovecot affected

WorMzy Tykashi wormzy.tykashi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:47:23 UTC 2019

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 at 16:32, Ralph Corderoy <ralph at inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1831377 is a recent thread
> on this pambase change causing problems.  Apparently, I hijacked it so
> it's now closed.  But I'm pleased I did because others that arrive there
> from Google, like I did, will now have the trail I laid to follow.

Please lose that mentality. Just because $searchengine returns a thread
that contains one or more of the keywords you entered in the search box,
does not mean that you automatically get a free pass to dump your own issue
into the thread.

Engage your brain, read the topic, evaluate whether your issue is the same
and whether you can contribute anything to help with the resolution of the
original poster's issue. If what you are going to post will not assist the
original poster resolve their issue, then you are hijacking the topic and
should return to your search results (or create your own topic, if you have
run out of results...)

In this case you had no interest in helping the OP, you just wanted a
platform to share your own grievances relating to the recent pambase
change, and draw attention to an issue with particular importance to
yourself. To then try to pass this off as philanthropy is obscene.

Don't be surprised if, the next time you pull this sort of stunt, you find
yourself banned from the bbs.

Regards

WorMzy