[arch-general] pambase update now requires explicit service files in /etc/pam.d/ - dovecot affected

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 12 04:32:39 UTC 2019

On Mon, 2019-02-11 at 18:42 -0800, frederik at ofb.net wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 06:47:23PM +0000, WorMzy Tykashi via arch-general wrote:
> > To then try to pass this off as philanthropy is obscene.
> >
> > Don't be surprised if, the next time you pull this sort of stunt, you find
> > yourself banned from the bbs.
> I don't understand the need for that reaction...

Since this and similar insinuations and excessive reactions are
characteristic for the Linux nerd communities, my guess is that it may
be an Echo Chamber Effect, sometimes it even might be psychopathologic.
The need for this kind of excessive reactions seems to be compulsion
and/or group behaviour. To defame and to utter a threat is the common
way of behaving. IOW there is nothing to understand, it's only something
to ignore.