[arch-general] Crashes in FF 65.0.1

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 10:33:17 UTC 2019

Hello,

my Firefox windows randomly crash - is it because of Xorg, Xfce or
Firefox? Does somebody else have noticed this behaviour?

When I don't do anything at my laptop (and it seems to happen only if I
don't do anything at it), after a while when I want to do sth. in the
browser again, it doesn't work properly any more. It seems, as if the
JavaScript engine would have crashed for the tab or window: As soon as I
enter sth., the GUI is corrupted, i.e. layers are shown at the wrong
place in an order I cannot do any editing any more etc. If I try to
close the tab, the GUI stays unchanged or just the layers of the closed
tab are somehow changed, but it seems as if the tab were still active.
Re-opening the tab from history results in a blank window (though the
correct is shown in the address bar). As I said, it seems to be because
of the JavaScript engine, but I'm not sure, yet.

Another issue I have is about atlassian: When I open a link, usually a
login page is shown. Instead, FF crashes completely.

Any idea?

Kind regards

Peter