[arch-general] pambase in testing breaks email - *resolved*

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Sun Feb 24 20:02:11 UTC 2019

On 1/5/19 3:46 PM, Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:
> Requires adding files (if you haven't already got them) for both dovecot
> and postfix and not relying on the old 'other' catchall pam file.
>
> This is described in more detail in the forum posts [1]. Hoever I'm as
> yet not sure of the best postfix pam file. Perhaps others can comment.
>
> thank you.
>
> gene
>
> [1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1824850

I wish someone had submitted bug reports about this in the first place,
especially as in the  case of dovecot this should never have been
relegated to thirdparty configuration performed only after reading the
wiki. I did not realize there was no bug report for this... well, now
there is one: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61852

cyrus-sasl is covered by https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/61712

--
Eli Schwartz