[arch-general] HTTP spam from China

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Feb 26 13:07:48 UTC 2019

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:40:17 +0000, Juha Kankare via arch-general wrote:
>I already made a shellscript to block all connections from China, but
>I'm curious as to why this happens, and if anyone else has had the
>same problem.

A few years ago I experienced such an issue with mails from another
nation. I received a few hundred spam mails within a second, several
times a day, for one or more than one month, I don't remember. I guess
the reason that this happens is simply bad luck. I still have a special
folder for mails from this nation, but actually I never was victim of
such a spam bombing raid again. I blocked almost all mails from this
nation, too and just allowed some mails to move to a special folder
aimed for probably wanted mails from this nation.