[arch-general] HDMI audio input - HDMI microphone

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Feb 27 18:10:25 UTC 2019

Prosumer, as well as professional audio interfaces work very good using
the class compliance Linux USB driver. I own a prosumer audio interface
with 18 input and 20 output channels and there are no issues using all
of them and moreover, the prosumer USB device works way better, than my
professional PCIe audio interface.

However, it's not necessarily a good idea to use USB for a single
microphone. Without doubts it depends on the purpose, I suspect that
it's ok for a headset, but for audio productions USB microphones are of
ill repute.