[arch-general] Kpartx should be in the repos and archiso for enabling encrypted GPT install

Neven Sajko nsajko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 19:33:38 UTC 2019

> that... doesn't answer my question. fundamentally, and structurally, why
> do you think you want this instead of GPTing the disk itself and
> applying dm-crypt to the partitions? so, you know, it works with
> bootloaders.

I think I already explained that, if you add up my rationale for not
using LVM with the link to the ArchWiki. Basically, I want full disk
encryption (thus
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system#Plain_dm-crypt
), but without LVM. Full disk encryption is "more secure" and the LVM
software is too heavy.