[arch-general] External monitors are no longer detected (Intel graphics)

Bennett Piater bennett at piater.name
Tue Jul 2 06:01:57 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm using a Thinkpad T450s with Intel graphics.

Yesterday, I could no longer connect external monitors via miniDP.
They were not detected at all, either by xrandr in i3 or by sway
(wayland).
I didn't have time to dig out a VGA cable and try that, so I cannot rule
out physical damage yet - I did try 2 monitors with different cables,
both of which work with my wife's Thinkpad.

Since wayland doesn't make a difference, I'm thinking maybe something
broke with the (my?) drivers?
Is there any other possibility apart from physical damage, and what do I
try next?

Cheers,
Bennett