[arch-general] PC build for hardware video acceleration

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Jul 19 16:48:14 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 18:37:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 15:54:23 +0200, Bruno Pagani wrote:
>>And currently AMD ones seems to be quite above Intel solutions. ;)
>
>My experiences with AMD for real-time audio are that bad, that I'm in
>favour of suffering from Meltdown and Spectre, than ever using an AMD
>based machine again.
>
>YMMV!

I forgot to point out, the graphics, ATI as well as NVIDIA contributed
a lot to the issues I experienced with AMD based machines.

My Intel machine isn't perfect and I can't say much about hardcore
video acceleration, but I have no regrets about migrating to my first
Linux Intel machine and the easier living includes the Intel GPU.