[arch-general] Hardware video acceleration

Jagannathan Tiruvallur Eachambadi jagannathante at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 22:49:44 UTC 2019

On 21-07-19 21:46:42 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via arch-general wrote:
>despite strange messages, it works when using mpv :).
Yeah, those are just probing for nvidia stuff; not exactly errors.
I also found that vp9 is pretty good with software decoding but things
take a nosedive when you have to downscale or upscale a video in
software. I used to do launch all videos on mpv from firefox before vp9
due to hwdec but now it doesn't matter much.

--
Regards
Jagan