[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Mkinitcpio replacement with Dracut

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Tue Jun 4 20:53:19 UTC 2019

On 6/4/19 12:07 PM, Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:
> FYI - I have switched my custom kernel builds to use dracut by default

Ug take it back - i have one problem - a big problem.

On a computer using md RAID-6 the raid disks are not assembled at boot -
and the boot fails. Works fine switching back to mkinitcpio.

Is there anything special we need to do with dracut to make md raid work
at boot?  The raid array is for data only not root which is a separate disk.

dracut docs suggest nothing is needed to assemble raid arrays at boot.
Perhaps this is incorrect?

Thanks.