[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Mkinitcpio replacement with Dracut

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jun 16 16:23:03 UTC 2019

On 6/15/19 5:12 PM, Genes Lists via arch-general wrote:

> I need to do more work ... perhaps test with the --madadmconf flag when
> building the initrd is next step.

I confirm that building the initrd with --mdadmconf fixes the problem
assembling the raid disks using dracut - this happens fine now.

In my case the /etc/mdadm.conf has
RRAY /dev/md0 metadata=1.2 name=xxx ...

where xxx is the hostname which is also in the RAID superblock.

I would therefore recommend that the pacman hook file which is used to
build the initrd use the --mdadmconf option.

I will note that the file is not included even with -H or --include
/etc/mdadm.conf.

best

gene