[arch-general] How long do you make the passphrase for the private key?

Justin Capella justincapella at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 23:24:33 UTC 2019

Doesn't the actual key get derived using pbkdf2 with many iterations making
brute force of even fairly weak passphrases time consuming? I am not sure
it is as critical as one would think. There are more secure options too
such as smart cards / hsm or ssh-ca. Maybe look into those options as well?
And maybe look for some guidance in securing your ssh agent as well