[arch-general] maria update to 10.4.6 breaks akonadi's db

Oliver Jaksch arch-general at com-in.de
Fri Jun 28 06:55:24 UTC 2019

On Friday, 28 June 2019, 07:49:16 CEST you wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019, at 07:41, Oliver Jaksch via arch-general wrote:
> > Updated three of my KDE clients by terminal (not logged in by display
> > manager/DM) and ran
> >
> > # systemctl restart mariadb.service && mariadb-upgrade -u root -p
>
> This doesn't affect akonadi's data since it is located someplace else at a
> non-system location:
>
>      /usr/bin/mysqld --defaults-file=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
> --datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ --s
> ocket=/tmp/akonadi-xxx.LdhzVw/mysql.socket
> --pid-file=/tmp/akonadi-xxx.LdhzVw/mysql.pids

Yes, I know that, but I thought that akonadi would run a similar upgrade by
itself when started and necessary. Wasn't that the case in the past?

> I suggest you look into actually upgrading akonadi's DB first. For that, you
> probably can pass --defaults-file and --datadir as-is to mariadb-upgrade
> (and the upgrade should be executed as the user akonadi is running as, not
> root).

Thanks for that good starting point. But, alas, it gives me a
# mysql_upgrade: the '--datadir' option is always ignored

...but this gives me hope for further investigations (=search engine). Will
try and report; chances are good as it's friday and it's quiet today :)